Monday, January 14, 2008
the BEAR!
hi all....we are well under a foot of snow and it's coming down at the rate of 1-2" an hour...! A GREAT DAY to HIBERNATE! I was re-reading what I posted last night. When I was in HS my drama teacher (and friends) nicknamed me "BEAR" because I love to sleep, hibernate, dream! There have been periods in my life (and I know Suzi can attest to this in her life as well) when I could hardly stay awake in the afternoon. I HAD to SLEEP sometimes for days. Many would say this is DEPRESSION or not having enough to do...but it never felt like that. For many years I felt I was practicing BEAR MEDICINE. what about you folks...do you have any totem animals running through your lives? S
1 comment:
Sandy this is a great thread.
I had a dream about a bear recently (when I do not dream much anymore-distressingly). I was in a house and an aggressive bear was lurking around outside. Somehow the police came and made me leave- supposedly for my own protection. They put me in a basement room--- no windows and no food and then brought me a danish (not food). I realized- hey I won't be imprisoned here- I am going home. I will deal with the bear myself.
I don't know what this means except that "authorities" are trying to draw me away from the bear.
In Boulder a friend and I had a "bear cave"- a real cave in the hills nearby. We did rituals there. And "the bear" spoke to us. It said, "There have always been times of Darkness. And there have always been people who hold the Light in times of darkness. Stay in the bear cave and hold the Light".
It meant don't confront the 'darkness' directly. This isn't about the good kind of darkness of the night sky--- but human darkness. The insanity of the world today.
I love your experiences about hibernating-- being the bear in the cave. Sleeping.
Recently I cannot sleep. It is such a trial. I love sleep!!! Maybe some people need to do the sleeping for all of us. And some need to stay awake--- I don't know. Just wandering around in these images.
But it definitely brings me awake that you bring up the bear....... and the sleepers....... and the dark night sky. Something juicy here. Suz
Post a Comment