Thursday, December 13, 2007

The stars are clouded by the snow

It hasn't snowed this hard in Jamestown since we moved here over a year ago. I used to visit Jamestown thirty years ago when I lived in RI the snow hardly stuck to the ground because it's an island in Narragansett Bay and the currents keep the land warm. But tonight Jamestown is competing with the mainland counting inches dropped wondering if it will melt in time for school.
John is stranded in Providence with his cousins they've been scouting locations for a film being shot here with Richard Gere and Joan Allen.It's kind of ironic we left RI so JT could pursue acting and now John has returned to RI and is working on films because it's the hot spots tax wise for making movies and it has good authentic locations.
I learned the other night that RI was formerly called Rogue Island because all the people who settled here lived on the edge of the emerging culture they wanted religious freedom or a safe haven from the law the name then changed to Rose Island for awhile and then we got stylish and renamed it Rhode from the Isle of Rhodes in Greece.No wonder I'm good at marketing!
I left RI around my first Saturn return and returned to RI around my second Saturn return. And I'm wondering what the stars have in store for me. Good starry night ladies.

No comments: